Wednesday, December 3, 2014

I am Longing - Hlaing Teik Khaung Tin




 I  am Longing

Gilt glass filtered moon rays
Light my stately diamond – studded couch
Where alone I hear the drum’s sweet sound
Announce the third watch of the night .
Dawn is no longer far – off .

On my thazin scented couch
Alone I await your coming .
Hands to my forehead
I cannot but muse
Over all that has passed
And I am filled with pensive sadness .

On oath you promised never to shun me
Always to be loyal to me
Solemnly you swore , “ If I become King
I shall make you my Queen .
Even if a Goddness tried to seduce me ,
Never would I surrender to her .”

“ In coronation’s splendid display
I shall give to you the place of chief Queen
With eight Brahmins and many pages attending you
And at the time of Libation’s ceremonial
I shall cause all men to worship you ”

I believed you and gave you my love .
Now .. how different is your manner .
Oh , Prince of Kanaung how stern is your face .
Where is the former brightness of your face ?
Where are the loving caresses
You so fondly showered on me ?
Oh , Prince of Kanaung .

Princess Hlaing – Teik – Khaung – Tin
( 1833 – 1857 CE )
 This is only part of a very long song sung originally by Princess Hlaing – Teik – Khaung – Tin supposedly while waiting for her husband Crown Prince Kanaung to return to her chamber .The sequel is that he finally hears her sweet voice , remembers her and comes back again to her from an adjoining chamber .




 ( From The Burmese Classical Poems Book – Selected and Translated by The Most Rev . Friedrich V.Lustig – Buddhist Archbishop of  Latvia )




မယ္ခုေမွ်ာ္

စိန္ၿခဴးႀကာေညာင္ ၊ လေရာင္လင္းပါလို.
မွန္ေရႊၿပဴ ၿပတင္းရယ္က ၊ မယ္  ခုေမွ်ာ္
သံုးခ်က္စည္ေတာ္ ရိုက္ေဆာ္ ညင္းတယ္ေလး
လင္း ၿပန္လု ေနာ္ …..
သဇင္သင္းပါတဲ့  ခင္းညံ.ေပၚ
လာနိဳးငယ္ မယ္ေမွ်ာ္လို.  တကိုယ္ေတာ္ထူး
ေထြရာ စိတ္ကူးပါလို. ဖူးေရႊလက္တင္
ၿဖစ္ေရွးကုန္စင္ ဘ၀င္တုန္ေဆြးတယ္ေလ.
ေတြးႀကံလိုက္ရင္ ….
သစၥာေတာ္ စူးပါေပ. ဆိုဦးကပင္
ခင္ေလးကို ေမာင္ႀကင္ငဲ့ သည္သက္တြင္ပဲ
ေနာင္ေသြမလြဲပါဘု ယံုေတာ.ေမ… ၿပဒုမေဗြ
သီဟာတင္.တယ္ေလး စိုးညာၿမင္.ေန……
နတ္ေဒ၀ီၿဖားေသာ္လည္း တစ္ပါးမေသြ
ရွစ္ၿဗဟၼာေခၽႊပါလို. ေအာင္ေစညႊန္း
မတ္ေၿခြေရြ ၀န္းငယ္ ႏွင္. ေရသြန္းေတာ္ ခံ
မေဟသီမွန္ ေဒ၀ီတပ္တယ္ေလး ဦးဆယ္ထပ္ ရံ …..
သည္ေမထင္စားပါလို. ႀကင္အားငယ္သန္
ခုမ်ားမွာ သူတဥာဏ္ နဲ. မူတစ္ဟန္ၿခား
ၿပဳအားေတာ္ရန္ေကာ. မ်က္ထားေတာ္ သုန္
မခ်စ္ၿပင္ၿပင္ မႀကင္ကိုယ္ေတာ္ စိမ္းတယ္ေလ.
ပိန္းပိတ္လို.မွဳန္ …….

လွိဳင္ထိပ္ေခါင္တင္

လတ္ဗီးယား ဗုဒသာသနာပိုင္ အရွင္အာနႏၵာ ဘာသာၿပန္ဆိုေတာ္မူသည္. Burmese Classical Poem စာအုပ္မွ ကူးယူေဖာ္ၿပပါသည္ ။

No comments:

Post a Comment